Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Convo. with God

So, one Wednesday during worship, Pastor Landon came up to me and told me that God was going to give me a word to share with United Youth. I was freaking out! I had a look on my face that made him repeat him self. "I strongly believe that God is going to give you a word to share with the youth group." he said. I was never told when that would happen. I'm sitting in service that night, not really paying attention to the message (sorry Pastor Landon :)), and I was just in convo. with God. When ever I am in conversation with God, I will write out what I say and then when He responds to what I wrote, I write down what He says and add a (-) and D.A.D.  This just reminds me that it is God not my dad (Charlie Tuttle) and that I am God's son. Anyways....I really felt like God wanted to let us know a couple of things. The first thing that he said was, "There are people dealing with self image and I wan't to set them free." This was the one thing that I did not mention to them or to Pastor Landon when I was talking. The last thing that I said was that God wanted to tell them "Stop changing so people will accept you. You were created to be you. WHEN I CREATED YOU...I ACCEPTED YOU."  This was the last thing that I said. Once I sat down I was thinking to myself "that was so stupid...that didn't even make sense....God totally did not wan't to say that." At the very end of the service, to my surprise, Pastor Landon said that he strongly felt that God wanted to free the people dealing with self image. The one thing that I didn't say to Pastor Landon is what God told him. It was good to hear that because it was like confirmation to myself that I spoke what God wanted to be said. It was almost like a pat on the back from God.

"Before we accepted Christ, God accepted us."
     -W. C. Tuttle  07.09.2011

No comments:

Post a Comment