Thursday, July 21, 2011

LOVE

LOVE is something that everyone wants. I have yet met a person that doesn't love someone or something. We all are emotional beings and therefore love is one of the many emotions that we experience. However, we have to be careful with who/what we love. You only have a certain amount of love to give and once you love someone, you give part of your heart away. Many people are surprised when I tell them that I have never dated, kissed a girl, never had a girlfriend, etc. at the age of 17. In this day in age, there are so many young teens that are dating. What people fail to recognize is that when you get really serious, and in your head you tell yourself that you love them, you give your heart away. This is totally normal. God created us so that when we find our spouse, we are totally in love with them and give them our heart. Of course, you cannot give them what you do not have. When you give your heart away, it is very hard and very rare that you get it back. And by the time that you meet your spouse that God has given you, all you can give them is the left overs of what you have not given to someone else. This is why I do not date. I am not against dating, I am just against getting serious at a young age. Last week was camp and God radically changed my life and saved me from my self! It was the most incredible thing ever. Then I realized that how i was living was a lie. I was deceiving my self and others to think that I was loving God. There is a difference between loving God and FALLING in Love with God. This is probably one of the biggest differences that I have seen. I can love my sister, and I do love my sister, but i cannot fall in love with my sister. You cannot marry someone that you do not fall in love with. When you fall in love with someone, you give ALL of your heart away. You completely trust them 100% and love them with all you have. How can I expect God to give me someone to fall in love with if i first do not fall in love with HIM. This has changed my whole perspective. By falling in LOVE with God, I am finding things in scripture that i would have never thought of before because he has changed how i look at things. I love falling in love with God...there is nothing else like it. MEN it is very important that you FIRST fall in love with God and then seek out the relationship of a spouse. LADIES it is crucial that you FALL IN LOVE WITH GOD because he wants to be the first person that you marry and give 100% of your heart to and to trust HIM with it. If you fall in love with God and not just love Him, He will radically change your life! :)

-Weston

1 comment:

  1. Great wisdom...great thoughts! Thanks for sharing what you are learning...I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete