I really wanted to make a difference in this world and so i was talking to God and human trafficking was really pressed upon my heart. I was talking to one of my friends, Shelbey MacKay, and was sharing with her the vision i had for this. It was on that day July 26, 2011 at Braums in Van Alstyne, Texas that we decided to move forward with this. We based this on Proverbs 16:3, "Put GOD in charge of your work, then what you've planned will take place." We thought that this was a God given verse for a God given dream. Dreams are a vital part of doing God's will, and they need to be dreams that are bigger than yourself. If you can do it by your self then you don't need God and then your dream becomes a self-serving tool. This past summer I was an inter at our church, Family Worship Center (FWC), and every day between 9-9:30 am, we have prayer. So i was talking to God and I was just asking him if this was really from him and how its all going to start, etc. and he just responded with this simple paragraph. "This is from Me. Why else would I have shown you Proverbs 16:3? My plans are good. They benefit others, and bring a message of HOPE and LOVE, mercy and grace. You need to trust ME. I will open doors and finance for your passion. I will give you a name and raise you up to be great, because you have kept me in it. Take me out and you will fail. I'll give you the design, you just do what I tell you to do." - D.A.D.
So I did what he told me to do. The next day I met with Shelbey and we were talking about a name for this and what we were going to do. And since then some of that has changed except our mission which is to help get girls out of human trafficking and let them know that their one hope and one love that will remain is in Christ. This is where One.Hope.One.Love (1H1L) came from. This is how we came to be. One month later we are in August and have a bracelet designed. I met a really cool graphics guy name Paul, and he has been a huge blessing. He helped design these really cool bracelets and is a huge part of what we do.
(Left to right) Paul Tellefsen, Weston Tuttle, Shelbey MacKay
God has greatly blessed me with awesome people that want to help me to make a difference. This is definitley a God given dream and I cannot do this alone. God has put the right people in place to help me get this accomplished and He will greatly bless them for being a blessing to me. We are not taking donations at this moment but i will let y'all know when you can help support and when you can start buying bracelets.
Thanks for all you do! I love you guys deeply!
Weston.

No comments:
Post a Comment