Re-watched the 9/11 videos today...very emotional. It's the first time I've watched them since the 2nd grade (when it actually happened) actually seeing people jump 110 stories (a 10 sec drop) to their death and the horror and terror that fell upon the people. It was heard in their cry and sheiks. I do think that everyone should watch the videos (once they are old enough to handle it) so that they can remember what it was like that fateful morning. I still remember where I was... 2nd grade, Mrs. Faddlers class. A teacher came in saying the twin towers were hit by planes. I was worried for my dad because he was on a plane at that same time. I was crying so hard that the staff had my dad talk to me over the phone. I then knew he was safe. Words cannot describe the grief I feel for the families of the 3,000+ victims that day and now. as we commemorate their fall. And now the whole world will hear our cry one more time...God be with us as we take time to thank those who fought for us and as we remember the fallen :|
No comments:
Post a Comment