Monday, December 12, 2011

Sowing, Reaping, Harvest, and Blessings

     Hey everyone! Sorry, its been awhile. My life has been super busy lately. I just wanted to take some time and talk about things that God has been showing me lately.
     I've always felt like my calling is Missions and I firmly believe that God has put a burden for that on my heart. There are many different aspects of Missions. One could be helping others in third world countries. Another could be playing an instrument. Lastly, it could be speaking in front of people. Although I'm ok at the piano, I don't think that is where I will stay forever. I strongly believe that God will use me to speak to others. I don't say this arrogantly, but this is what I truly believe God will use me for. I can't rush the blessing, and I have to wait for the harvest. Here are a couple of points that I would like to share with you. 
          1) A Harvest takes time; it is not a day/night concept
               - Tithe is sowing seed, harvest is reaping the blessing
          2) Watching others receive their harvest doesn't mean that yours wont be greater or better. 
          
     Let me expand on that second point real quick. It might be hard to watch others receive the blessing that you want. First of all, you can't compare their harvest to your seed YOU WILL LOSE! You can't compare what they planted, waited for, and received to what you have done. Each person is like soil. Soil is different every where you go and there are some things that you cannot grow in certain types of soil. What someone else harvests is different than yours because you both have different types of "soil." Another thing that I would like to share is, you can't plant crops in the same soil every year. Every seven years (seven meaning complete in Hebrew) you have to turn the soil and let it sit. This allows the nutrients to come back to the soil. The same thing happens in our lives. There are times that we don't receive a blessing. Its ok(: That doesn't mean that God has forgotten about us or that we don't get blessings. Sometimes God needs us to "sit" and rest in His presence. This will make the harvest even greater and bigger than it would have been if we were to keep sowing and reaping.  This is all i wanted to share with you(:

Thanks!
Weston
     

No comments:

Post a Comment