Sunday, April 15, 2012

KINETIC pt 1


KINETIC PT1


Hey ALL! It’s me. I posted on twitter this past week that I would write a blog about potential leadership and kinetic leadership. The more I kept writing, the more stuff God was downloading to me. I shared my blog with my dad and the first thing he said was, “Weston, this is to long!” He told me that I should cut out some of this stuff, but I firmly believe that everything in this blog is God given, God driven, and is something that you probably have never heard or thought of before. Because of the excessiveness (?) of this blog, I have decided to update it weekly or biweekly. I will expand the points that I have already written. Today’s blog is just the introduction to the KINETIC series. I hope that you enjoy it!
Thanks, and God Bless!
- Weston


In Physics, everyone learns the difference between potential energy and kinetic energy. God really got that stuck in my head. Potential is defined by having or showing the capacity to become or develop into something in the future.

I have always been told, "Weston, I see great leadership potential in you!" I would take that as a compliment, not knowing the other side of it. Don't get me wrong. Having potential leadership is not bad! Every great leader starts off with that. Only people with more leadership attributes than you, can see potential leadership qualities. To others, you are "a leader".  The downfall to that is sometimes when people say "You have potential leadership" they don't try to EXPAND YOU!

If no one tries to help you grow, what are you stuck with? Potential.

Now let's look at Kinetic Leadership. The word kinetic is defined as, of, relating to, or resulting from motion.

We know from simple physics that kinetic energy is something that is in motion. Take for instance, a boulder falling from a cliff. Even a whirling tornado shows the massive power of kinetic energy!

Kinetic Leadership is CRITICAL!

Kinetic Leadership is leadership that is active! It is someone who is leading others. They are people that inspire others to grow.  I was talking to one of my friends about this and he stated a very good point. "Kinetic energy can be transferred." This totally expanded my look on this topic!

If one Kinetic Leader has enough energy, he can collaborate with another and they will both move in the same direction. We, as Christians, are called to collaborate with other Kinetic Leaders and move together to a greater purpose, reaching the lost. This involves teamwork. And where there is a team, there's leaders. (Are you starting to see how it is important to have kinetic leaders working with you?)

Now don't exclude those that posses potential leadership. Remember that in Proverbs it says, "Wise men and women are always learning, always listening for fresh insights." (18:15, MSG)  Everyone possesses potential leadership. You gain kinetic leadership through development. 

The next blog will talk about how to develop kinetic leadership and I cannot wait to share it with you! 

Be blessed!
-Weston

No comments:

Post a Comment